Baby Kisses

Some vignettes from around my home.

I love, love, love this little green bowl with the spattered heart. A sweet little souvenir from Alsace. I left a piece of my heart there so it's only fair that I brought a heart home.
We had the family over for dinner last weekend. J came over and so did K and her gang, including Little man. Sissy came over. And the Man cooked the most delicious chicken piccata EVER. He used Giada's recipe and it's a good one. 

We all wanted to lick the bowl and eat every drop of gravy and capers that were in there. 

Magnifico.
Little man has been to our house several times this week. He's eaten dinner with us a couple times and we discovered that he loves macaroni and cheese and meatloaf.

He also learned how to give kisses. I was puckering up and giving him a kiss while making kissing sounds and he leaned forward with his mouth open. I leaned forward to kiss him on the check and he put his forehead against mine and looked me in the eyes. He put his nose against my nose and started humming. Then he opened his mouth to my cheek. What a sweet little kiss.

Every time I leaned in to give him a kiss he did this. The Man and I couldn't stop smiling. Little man was all smiles and kisses. 

That boy gets and now gives so much love. I'm besotted.
__________

We were playing with the snow globe a couple nights ago. I wound up the music box on the bottom and shook it really hard. The music and snow mesmerized him.

A simple thing that captivated him for a while. I think there's a lesson there.

Comments