Red Barn, White Dress


A friend got some new lighting equipment and we were playing with it today. I was having fun taking photos of her setting up the shoot. 

I love this photo. I love red and white together. If you come to my house at Christmastime, you'll see I decorate in red and white. Okay, maybe a small tree or two has some other colors, but my main color scheme is red and white.

It's simple. It's pretty.

But now it's starting to show up outside of Christmas. 

Playing around in Photoshop with some filters produced the next two photos.
I don't know what I'm going to use these for, maybe an engagement card or shower card. 
Our red barn got a workout today. 


Maybe I'll start a coffee table book on the red barn. 
I've heard confession is good for the soul so I have to tell you a secret. Tonight was knitting class. I'm working on an afghan and it's one of my very favorite projects ever. It keeps me warm and the colors are blending just so, and it's behaving very nicely. No dropped stitches. Or I just haven't found them yet. I don't think I'm going to look too hard, though,  and then it will stay perfect.

Call me Pollyanna.

So here's the secret -
I came home from knitting class and picked up my crocheting project.


That's right. I crocheted after knitting class.


It felt so wrong. Like I was cheating on knitting. Does that make me a crocheater?


Whew. I feel better.


So, M., my crocheted hanger is almost done. I'm working on the second rose and then I have to do the leaf.


It's only taken me five days to finish this one hanger.


I think I'll go back to knitting.

Comments

  1. I can't wait to see the afghan!
    I love the photo of the red barn...beautiful.
    Especially the one that looks like a watercolor...isn't Photoshop so cool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!!! Lets your creative side go wild =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. That watercolor effect looks like it could be a professional painting!! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment