Last Ditch Green


Remember I took a photo class this past summer? Something the instructor said about challenging yourself to "use one lens only and shoot a ten foot square in your yard" stuck in my head.

I was looking around for something to shoot and found some bright green moss growing throughout the patio off the back porch. Since this is probably going to be the last green anything we see growing for the rest of the fall and winter, I snapped some photos to remember the green.

I may pull them out again sometime later in the deep, dark days of winter. Especially if I need a cheer-me-up day.


I have to tell you, I feel very Martha Stewart-ish growing this moss. Look, I even have moss spores! Just like Martha! Click through her slide show and you'll see the things she does to prepare for the spring season. Her and her team of gardeners. 

That's what I need - a team of gardeners.

Oh wait, I have one. A team of one gardener.....the Man.

If you want to grow your own moss throughout a walkway, take a look at this posting.

Yup, I'll have to bring this one out again in late winter.


Goodbye, green growing things. 


Hello, snowflakes. On their way. Sometime this week. Here we go.

Comments