Newbie Wedding Photos

Pics from the wedding I did on Saturday with a friend. Since there were three photographers at the wedding, I got the chance to shoot the details. 

The fun stuff.

I played around with some of them in Photoshop. Some may look super saturated but I love saturating red, white, and black.

I'm giving the original files to the main photographer and she can tweak them anyway she wants. Or throw them out. 
You know how much I'm loving red and white right now.


Guess what colors the bridesmaids dresses were? 


Yup. Red.


The bride let the girls pick out any kind of red dress they wanted. The groom has eight sisters so there were lots of red dresses.


And great shoes. One of the girls in the bridal party had shoes that looked like a zebra. Looked very cool. 


I love this photo of the groom with some of his sisters. Looks very Twilight-ish to me. Kind of goth....dark and mysterious.
Some of the pics I didn't play with very much. They're more traditional.

Sometimes I like tradition.

But most of the times I like saturation. 

Loved her sandals. They had little tiny diamonds all along the straps.


Not real, or at least I don't think so.... 
I'm always wondering what people are thinking.


Especially at solemn occasions.


Sometimes I think they are thinking about very serious things, like whether or not they should pop the question to their girlfriend, or take that new job, or move across the country chasing after a man.


But I bet they're probably thinking about how hungry they are and wondering what they're having for lunch or dinner.


And where the bathroom is. I bet some of them are thinking about that. 

The main photographer for the wedding had a bunch of poses and shots she wanted us to try and get.


The hands on the pew was one of them. 

She told me to get creative with the rings. 


Aye, yi, yi...I did not want to be responsible for the wedding rings.


Sometimes I lose things. This would not have been a good time to do that.


Thankfully, I kept track of them while I had them and got them back to the bride and groom tout de suite.
I have a new appreciation for wedding photographers. It was a lot of work. 


But fun. Very fun.


And as soon as I woke up from my three hour nap after the wedding, I remembered how much fun it was.


*Yawn.

Comments

  1. ooooo...loved the pictures from the wedding.
    I think both the "rings" photos came out splendid. And the first one of the shoes? Wow. How did you get that dark background with just the light on the shoes? Photoshop?
    Was the church St. Bernards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the church was St. Bernard's, photoshopped the shoe picture with a brush of black, highlighted the shoes a wee but to make them "sparkle", softened the whole thing to give it a dreamy look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures came out great! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, these are gorgeous! So elegant! I love the one of the hands on the pew as well as the one with the leaves on the stem of the leaf! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment