Mother's Day


Snippets from Mother's Day weekend.

J and his girlfriend L made some delicious cookies to bring over to Sissy's house for dinner. Er, for dessert. We haven't stooped to eating cookies for dinner. 

Yet.

~~~~~~~~~~

In between batches going in and out of the oven, I got them to pose for me on the back porch. The light was perfect.
J knows what kind of photos I like to take so he started goofing around with L.

She's a good sport and goofs around right back with him.
They are very comfortable in front of the camera. 

Whew.
Every year for Mother's Day, J and K give me the gift of a photo shoot.

An afternoon when I can shoot and they promise to smile.
We drove over the river and through the woods to the far reaches of who-knows-where and found a beautiful location by a reservoir.
Found a fantastically big wooden door.

Looks like something out of Jack and the Beanstalk, don't you think?
When we got home, I set up the tripod, got the remote trigger, and we set out to get some mother and son and daughter shots.
Not too shabby.
A more accurate portrayal of family life.

Comments

Post a Comment