Inhaling Memories

Two more gnomes from my non-existent gnome collection. These two are hiding by miniature trees, nestled in close to the trees and not so obvious. I have to tuck them in here and there so the Man doesn't notice them.

I don't know what he's got against gnomes. 
I spent a good part of my afternoon working with glitter at the library.

It
is
everywhere.

On my desk. On my lap. On my flannel shirt. On my hands and face. I stood up and a shower of gold glitter drifted to the floor, sparkling and twinkling all the way down.

Messy but oh-so-pretty.
__________

Big doings going on around here. A local solar company is coming tomorrow to put in solar panels on our roof. We're going green. And off the grid. Sort of. We still have electric back up if we need it.

Whew.

One of the technicians had to stop by last week, the day before Thanksgiving, to look at the roof on the barn. He knocked on the back door and I turned off the water, drying my hands from doing dishes. I was cleaning up from making Nan's stuffing and the house smelled wonderful. I hurried to let him inside.

I said hello and wished him a happy Thanksgiving and then started towards the door, to go back outside to the barn.

He put his hands up and inhaled slowly.

"Smells like Thanksgiving," he sighed.

He stood still, just breathing in the smell and smiling. He had such a whimsical look on his face, lost in the moment, remembering whatever it was he was remembering. Enjoying the smell of the stuffing and his memories.

A sweet moment shared by two strangers.


Comments