Sneaky Swan

I spent yesterday afternoon with my new zoom lens. I found a quiet pond in a neighboring town with lots of Canadian geese and a lovely swan.

The swan was huge and moved so slowly and gracefully with the geese.

As I was looking through the lens, I noticed that the swan had lots of puckering around its midsection. Kind of like an inflatable tube.

Yup. I was looking at, and taking pictures of, an inflatable toy.
I found out from a google search that you can use an inflatable swan to deter Canadian geese. Apparently swans are known to defend their territory and will keep geese away.

I don't think anyone told the geese this. There were plenty of them swimming with the swan.
This guy stayed on land and away from all the geese-swimming-with-swan shenanigans.

He must be a rule follower.

Comments