Knitting Fail

I bought some yarn a while ago that I absolutely fell in love with. It's a lace weight yarn, with lots of deep, rich jewel colors variegated throughout and it came with several patterns to try.

So I tried the first one I liked.

Fail.

They only gave half the pattern. I got so confused I brought it to my knitting teacher. She couldn't figure it out either.

Not doing that one. Glad I only wasted a week on it.

Yay.

Pattern two.

Fail.

I had this one on the needles three different times. I kept messing it up. It was awfully lacey and I kept miscounting and missing the pattern. Because the pattern read something like this:

Row 1: K2, yo, k7, yo, K4, continue in this fashion till end of row
Row 2: purl all stitches
Row 3: K3, yo, k5, yo, K2, yo, K3, continue in this fashion til end of row

Follow this pattern, increasing as necessary to keep the pattern going.

Huh?

What is this?

What pattern? I don't see a pattern here. I see a bunch of knotted holes.

Double fail. I only wasted three weeks trying to figure this thing out. Tonight, I threw out the patterns and went to Ravelry and found this pattern. It's much easier to knit than those other patterns.

Geeesh. You can't even call those things patterns.

I'll keep you posted.

Comments