Christmas happenings and a little pretty

Christmas party seems to be the theme this week. I hosted the Knitwits party last night with ten of my best girlies coming over for wine, conversation, comfort food, chocolate cake, and presents. 

What a night.

We gave each other our final Secret Santa present and had a hoot trying to guess who our Secret Santa was. Some of us were better than others. I bet they're really good at "Clue".

My Secret Santa was P., our knitting instructor. Guess what she gave me? 

GORGEOUS yarn.

Yay for Secret Santa! Yay for the knitting teacher being MY Secret Santa!


Tonight was a Christmas party at my second knitting group. This is the group that G. and I lead at the library.

Another fun group of women.

I'm surrounded by them. At home, at work, at play. Great women, great friends.

God is so good to have put such wonderful people in my life - those still here and those that have passed.

I always spend some time remembering the past at this time of year. I don't know if it's my mom passing on New Year's Eve that makes me nostalgic or whether it's just another year drawing to a close that brings all those memories forward. Do you think about the past at this time of year?

I remember my grampa telling me not to wish my life away and I didn't know what he meant. Now I do.

As I look back over the year, I'm so thankful for lots of things: the Man and my children, my friends - old and new, my job and co-workers, renewed friendships with some very dear friends, a growing passion for photography - wherever it may lead, and a growing closeness to my Lord and Savior. So many things to be thankful for.

And I am. Truly thankful. And blessed. Oh yes, have I been blessed.

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace. (Numbers 6:24-26)

Well, those were some weighty thoughts. I told you I get to thinking this time of year. I'll try to lift the mood a bit with this little pretty now hanging on my back porch.

I saw this idea somewhere. Don't remember where I saw it, but I fell in love. An old frame, some vintage glass balls, a little fishing line and a red bow.

Love it. Love. It.


Comments

  1. What a beautiful heartfelt post, Cheryl. Loved it.
    Love your photos..they are soooo unique.
    And I am making a renewed commitment to come to knitting group in the New Year!!! :)
    They ARE a wonderful group of ladies!
    Merry Christmas <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Annie! We'll be happy to have you back in the fold =] And thank you for your kind words. They are very. Kind, that is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment