Teeny Tiny Origami Stars

Sissy and I saw these at Pottery Barn a few days ago. They had these little cuties gathered in a clear bowl, displayed on a table. 


I knew I could make them so I refused to buy them. But I really liked them. They were very tiny. And I really like tiny things.


But Sissy and I have a horrible estimation of what we can actually do. We march around all over the place, picking up this and that, and saying, "We can make that."


Then we try to make that.


And we can't. We're much better crafters in our heads, than our hands.


Other sissy is just like this, only worse. She'll look at a piece of art by Picasso and think we can make that.


Except for the fact that I am a HORRIBLE origami person, meaning I need remedial one-to-one origami lessons, I was pretty sure I could do these stars. I've found if you say, "I can make that," enough times, you actually start to believe it.


I won't tell you how many I threw out.


But I got this small handful tonight and I'm going to work on some more tomorrow. I used these instructions, if you're thinking you'd like some of your own teeny, tiny stars.

Comments

  1. The stars are really cute, but I love the BOKEH even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful picture!! Such cute stars :) Where are you going to display them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have them spread around a saucer under a tea cup in my china cabinet. They are the sweetest little things =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. We made these stars in my girl scout troop one year, except with colored origami paper. I actually made a pair of earrings out of them. Great picture, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, I like the earring idea, gayle! thanks =]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment