There's No Place Like Home


Not too much to shoot today. The Man and I had a meeting in the afternoon. Part of the meeting included a walk on a dirt road through the woods, looking at some property.

It was raining.

I decided to let the men go for the walk and I would stay behind and keep an eye on the cars. From inside one of the cars. Where it was dry.

I wasn't walking in the rain, no sirree. I had a thin white blouse on. Do you know what happens to thin white blouses in the rain?

They become transparent.

No sirree, no walk in the rain for me. So I got a wee bit bored. Then I looked down at my ruby red slippers and started snapping away.

I love my ruby red slippers. Just call me Dorothy.

There's no place like home.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ruby red slipper trivia:

There were about 2300 sequins on each shoe.

There are five remaining pairs left. Each has an estimated value of $1.5 million dollars.

The slippers were originally silver in the novel. They were changed to red when the movie was filmed to take advantage of Technicolor.

Comments

Post a Comment