Going, Going, Gone



Hello.

Nice to see you again, blog.

Life has been crazy busy around here the past couple of weeks. But you probably noticed that, didn't you?

You're a smart blog.

~~~~~~~~~~

K graduated from high school.

We had a VERY BIG PARTY for her. 

That is for another day.

We had to get to the high school early, early, early to get the seat I wanted for photo opportunities.

I didn't tell the Man how early. He would have balked.

Instead I just said, "Tra-la-la! We have to be at the high school for 4:30 pm!"

And it worked. We all got dressed and piled in the cars and got to the high school for 4:30 pm.

We were the second ones in line.

The Man looked at me and said, "Where are all the other people?"

I looked up at the sunny, bright blue skies. I looked down at the lush, green grass. I looked over at the {lonely} empty chairs waiting for people to fill them. I didn't look at the Man.

The Man kept looking at me, now with a bit of a stink eye and said more firmly, "WHAT TIME DOES THIS START?"

Gulp.

"Six o'clock." I muttered. And took a step away.

"SIX O'CLOCK?" the Man might have yelled. "I'm going home."

But he didn't. I pleaded, and cajoled, and gave him a stink eye, and he stayed.

Just so I could get the seat I wanted for pictures. He's a good Man.
K and her friend H were whispering in the first photo and K's friends L and E were whispering in the second photo.

I wonder what they were saying.

~~~~~~~~~~

All those sunglasses made me think of the song, "The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!"
Instead of tossing their caps, they sprayed silly string.

It looked like a war zone.
She really isn't as surprised as she looks. We were fairly confident they were going to graduate her.


I made her pose for this shot. 
K and her dad. 


The Man loves her to pieces.
K and her cousin, MR.

MR and Other Sissy and my brother in law came for the graduation. It was so good to have them there. They live a bit far away and made a great effort to come for the ceremony.

I am so thankful for my family. I love them so.
E practicing for her graduation.


In about nine years.
Remnants of the silly string moment.

I can't even imagine how that got cleaned up.

Yuck. But a very colorful, pretty yuck.
K walking away.


Something tells me I better get used to that sight.


Sniffle. 





Comments

  1. Oh!!! Sniffle, indeed! I am too tired and fragile-of-feeling right now for a post like this. :) What a sweet graduation write-up--and what great photos, Cheryl. Your daughter looks like she had a blast. Congrats to you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. A very nice post. Looks like mostly girls in her class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies! I'm sorry I made you sniffle, Val. It made me sniffle too. Lisa, they have the girls sit on one side and the boys on the other side.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment