Love My Library

Sissy and I stopped at a tag sale that a local historical society was running. We found it two years ago and came home with lots of treasures during that visit so I had high hopes this time around.


I didn't find much this year. A few small bud vases, a miniature milk bottle, an old Listerine vial, an old wooden badminton racket.


And an old library card catalog drawer.


Jackpot.


I have been waiting patiently for one of these to come around for a long time. Especially since I work in a library. These are near and dear to my heart. I don't particularly like typing catalog cards but I sure do like the wooden drawers they live in.


I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Once upon a time, I thought I would use one as a recipe card holder but I found a different box for that purpose.


When I opened it up, I found lots of divider cards in it.


Alphabetical cards.


Monthly cards.


Daily cards.


Any suggestions?
I'm reading a wonderful book right now, Expressive Photography : the Shutter Sisters Guide to Shooting from the Heart


So many little pieces of treasure in this book.


"What we are really looking for when we take portraits is a connection. We are looking for an expression, a mood, a certain something that reveals the spirit of the person we are photographing."

"Something in that scene calls out to a special place in your heart, and you know that you have to capture this image for posterity. You may not fully understand why at the moment, but you'll be thankful you listened to our intuition and clicked the shutter." 

"We insist that everyone crowd in, put their faces together and smile for the camera, so we will have some record that we were all there in the same moment at the same time....These portraits of togetherness nourish our souls long after the moment fades. They are our record of how we loved, keeping us together in spirit - even as life sometimes demands that we be apart."


Lots of eye candy in this book to look at. So many talented photographers submitted their work and it is sheer joy to look at all the photos. Treat yourself and borrow it from your local library.


Shameless plug for my colleagues across the world.
My favorite bookmark.

Comments