Happy Birthday to Me

Playing poker for my birthday. 

I am not a great poker player. I am not even a good poker player. When I get a decent hand I raise the betting by $3.00, all at once. Since we play penny poker, that's a big clue that I've got something good in my hand.

Everyone folds and I win the $.04 pot.

The Man is a very good poker player. K taught us a quick game that Grampa showed them. Everyone gets one card. You pick up your card WITHOUT LOOKING AT IT and hold it against your forehead. Based on what cards everyone else has showing, you bet whether or not you think you have the highest card.

I modified it a bit and dealt everyone one card. You could look at your card and bet whether you thought you had the highest card. The Man kept raising the bet until we all folded. 

He won with a three. 

We laughed a lot. It was a great night. A great family night and we don't get too many of those these days with everyone off in their own direction.

I'll take 'em while I can.
Happy birthday to me.

I've always wanted a leather backpack for travel and decided this was the year. I've seen photos of this style when it's broken in and used. Absolutely gorgeous. The company says it looks it's worse on the day you buy it. 

I. LOVE. IT.

~~~~~~~~~~

The tag line from the company, "They'll fight over it when you're dead."

Gosh, I hope not.


Comments