Turning Back Time, or forgetting how old you are

I had a birthday last week. As you may remember, I turned 50 last year. 

Gulp. I don't even like saying that number.

But somewhere along the line I forgot how old I was. For the past six months or so I've been thinking that I was 51, turning 52. In my head I'd console myself, "You're only two years into your fifties, just two years. That's not so bad. You're still closer to 50 than 60," and so on and so forth with other encouraging, uplifting things to say to myself. They didn't really work, though, because it seemed like I had just turned fifty and boy, did two years go by very fast.

Then about a week or so before my birthday, I did the math. And discovered that I was actually 50, turning 51.

Eureka!

I actually figured out how to age backwards!

Simply add two years to your age each year and then forget about it. Eventually you'll remember to do the math and discover that you're getting younger and younger.

~~~~~~~~~~

A friend gave me this beautiful yarn bowl for my birthday. I was thrilled to get it since I've always wanted one but never bought one for myself.

I took it to knitting and it was quite a hit. I'm going to have to keep an eye on it from now on.

Comments

  1. That is a pretty bowl, yes. Happy birthday, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Val! It was from Miss "Searching for a Balance" herself! She has very pretty taste, don't ya think?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment