Another Nancy Drew Mystery

This one is going home. It's just waiting for its people to come and get it.
I hope this one is going home too. It's probably a little lonely.

Just sitting by myself, watching the tree lights twinkle. Everyone else is asleep and I have "White Christmas" on the television. I love singing along and boy, I wish I could tap dance like Vera Ellen. 

We had our Christmas party at the library tonight. Good food and lots of laughs. The games and prizes were fun and people were smiling so I think they had a good time. It's not easy being the party coordinators. I feel like Julie on "The Love Boat".
__________

Yesterday, one of my coworkers came in and she was dressed in a beautiful red holiday colored sweater. LK saw it and said, "What a pretty sweater! How come you're not wearing it to the party tomorrow night?"

My coworker pointed at me and said, "SHE told me not to dress up for the party. And that I shouldn't even do my hair!"

What???

I looked at her to see if she was kidding but she was very serious. I told her I had never said that. I didn't even have a vague recollection of saying anything like it.

She was insistent that I had told her not to dress up for the party and not to do her hair. No matter how much I denied saying it, she wasn't having any of it.

I decided she must have dreamt it and just kept laughing about it all day long. Every time LK and I saw one another, we would say, "And don't even think about doing your hair tomorrow!" It was a fun day.

When we got into work this morning, we were telling another coworker about the rather strange conversation and she remembered saying something like that to our friend. It turns out she had relayed that we might be playing a game that involved putting a hat, scarf, and mittens on and was joking with our friend about not bothering with her hair.

It wasn't me at all. I was off the hook.

Another mystery solved, Nancy Drew.


Comments

  1. Ah, well, see, you and Lisa have solved one! :) That's funny. Boston's Restaurants' Electrical Outlets remain a mystery. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, to both of you, Val and Lisa! We never did figure out the electrical outlets, did we?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment