Twins

A cozy little corner in the house.
__________

I got together with a girlfriend for lunch and a little Christmas cheer this afternoon. We munched on tortilla chips and salsa and then ate some yummy Mexican food. It was very quiet - we just about had the place to ourselves. We chatted and laughed and compared what our families do for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. 

We discovered we do just about the same things. 

It's a running joke between us that we are twins and were separated at birth. Which is really funny when you see my friend, J. She is tall, thin, Norwegian, blond and gorgeous. I am shorter, Irish, a bit round, dark hair and rather plain.

But we still insist we are twins.

We poked around a few small gift shops in town, a country store and a Scandinavian store. The proprietor of the Scandinavian store is the mother of one of J's friends so we had a very nice visit with her. I ran into a neighbor while I was in there and we got to catch up and wish each other a Merry Christmas. I love living in a small town.

J and I exchanged Christmas gifts before we parted ways. I gave her a beautiful, soft gray and black plaid blanket that spoke her name. She gave me an ultra soft sleep sweater to lounge in and cuddle up with during the long winter nights coming up.

The best part of our gifts? Discovering that we each gave the other a warm soft hug - a blanket to nestle in and a sweater to cuddle in. See? We are twins. 

Merry, merry Christmas, dear J.

Comments