Hygge

Celebrated Christmas with my Ladies Bible study girls tonight.

I love this group of ladies. Some of these sisters in Christ have been in my life a long time - we've watched each other's children grow up, comforted each other during sad times, rejoiced together during happy times. Truly, they are so dear to me.

I've been reading a book about hygge (pronounced hue-guh).

From Wikipedia, "Hygge is the Scandinavian word for a mood of coziness and comfortable conviviality with feelings of wellness and contentment. "

From Country Living, "This Danish concept cannot be translated to one single word but encompasses a feeling of cozy contentment and well-being through enjoying the simple things in life. If you've ever enjoyed reading a book indoors on a rainy Sunday or a cup of hot cocoa on a snow day you've experienced hygge without even knowing it." 

Tonight I experienced hygge. 

Sitting in a cozy warm house by a blazing fire, drinking a glass of wine, surrounded by dear friends. Good conversation, comfort food. Very content.

Hygge. Try it.

Comments