Simple Pleasures

Still looking for homes.

The smell of the pines intoxicated me as I walked around a local tree stand.

I wanted to take them all home and fill the house with the smell of fresh pine.
Simple wreaths.

Bows and pinecones.
Enjoying the simple pleasures of Christmas.
_________

The Man and I sat on the couch tonight, snuggled under a new {super} soft blanket, chatting about stocking stuffers for the kids. As we were chatting, I was flipping through Netflix, trying to find something {ANYTHING} to watch. 

I saw "Fireplace" and clicked over to it. It was a beautiful roaring fire with soft Christmas carols playing in the background. As "Silent Night" was playing, the Man and I got quiet and just sat there for a while listening to the music. 

It was the best thing we watched all week.

I want to remember this night my whole life and pull it out when I'm old and gray. A peaceful night with the man I love. 

Comments