Weekend in Review

My sister found one of these baskets made from Christmas cards at an antique shop near her home a couple of years ago.

I've been wanting one ever since I saw it. I looked all over for one. Nope, not here. Nope, not there. Nope, not over there either.

I was going to have to make my own.

Off to Pinterest I went and found some most excellent instructions and pattern pieces. You can find the instructions here

It took me a few nights to make it. One night was devoted to cutting out all the pattern pieces, gluing them together, and punching the holes with a tiny hole punch. The second night was devoted to sewing the blanket stitches all around the pieces and then putting it all together.

Some of you may recognize your card since I used the Christmas cards I received a couple years ago. I save them for future use. Don't you?
__________

What a weekend.

K and I went with my sister and nieces to see "A Charlie Brown Christmas" a few nights ago. We had a wonderful time seeing the show. It was fun to see all the little ones so excited when Santa showed up in the theatre. Everyone was waving to him, trying to get his attention and hoping he would wave back. What a great way to kick off the holiday season!

Yesterday, K and I traveled over the river and through the woods to my sister's house to decorate the gingerbread houses. Decorating day is always a fun day since we're surrounded by all kinds of candy and frosting, all the while listening to Christmas carols. There was dancing from E to some of the peppier carols, some bits of frosting on a couple noses, and dogs playing all around us, hoping we would drop bits and pieces of candy. Busy and fun. After K finished decorating, we had to hurry home to take the family Christmas photo.

Something we all look forward to. Ha.

The photo where we all look so happy and joyful. Ha.

I know the truth. But it got done and I'm happy with the results so I ordered my holiday photo cards and can't wait to get them.

After the torture session, er, I mean photo taking session, the Man and I changed into our fancy clothes and headed out to his company Christmas dinner. The office manager always picks out a fantastic restaurant for the dinner and this year was no exception - the meal was mouth-wateringly delicious. Scallops so tender they melted in my mouth sitting on top of creamy, comforting risotto; bowls of sauteed brussels sprouts with bacon pieces that we fought over at the table; and crunchy vanilla bean creme brulee to finish off the meal.

Top ten meal.

It wasn't until after church this morning that I got to sit down and relax. I picked up some handwork that I'm doing for Christmas gifts, watched some football while I stitched, and enjoyed the quiet with a hot cup of coffee beside me.

A seriously full, but fun, weekend.









Comments