All Bound Up



Look what came in the mail today...

My blog book!

Er, blog books. There are three of them. The first year of my blog had to be put into two volumes. Evidently I was quite prolific that first year, as M says. There's a five-star word, or at least an SAT word, if ever I heard one.

I digress.

I've been wanting to print my blog for a long time. I finally decided I should print it before I blogged too many more years. I knew I wanted to have them bound a year at a time so waiting too many more years would have been mucho dinero. For Pete's sake, I've already accumulated three books worth of words and pictures.

I'm so glad I did this. I hope it gets passed down through the family and future generations will have an idea of what life was like in the early 21st century. I know how much I enjoy reading the diaries that the Man's grandfather wrote around the turn of the 20th century. I'm hoping these journals will do the same. 

Because that's how I treat my blog. It's a place for me to journal my life, my kid's life, the life of my family and friends, my little corner of the world. So while these books may not have "My Diary" written across them with a lock and key to keep people out, they very much are my diaries.
M and I had spent the evening talking and knitting. Then she pulled out all her jewels. That's when we got all girly, oohing and aahing over the pretty bling she's collected through thrifting and tagging. She's collecting them for a couple projects she has in mind.

I love paste jewelry. Each piece has to have a story - whether it was worn for someone's wedding, or graduation, or when the wearer went off to work in the big city - it has a story. 

I'm starting my own collection. And I think I'll write stories about the pieces I find.

Comments

  1. How sweet. I want to do this with my blog too but haven't really looked into it yet. What company did you use, and are you happy with the way the pages and book look? How wonderful that you've saved all of this, Cheryl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never thought of putting my blog into a book! what a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val - I used blog2print. I'm very happy with the book. The pictures could have been bigger but that would have been more pages and more money! It's been great fun flipping through it and remembering some of the things I wrote about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should have brought them with you today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment