Alaska, The Great White North. Day Five. Heading to Homer.

This was our {super} {very} long day. M and I had done some trip planning before we got to Alaska. The guys left it in our very capable hands.

Ha.

That was their first mistake.
As I was looking at maps, I must have seriously miscalculated some distances. I used Google Maps for directions from city to city. And M and I planned our driving days accordingly.

We did pretty good getting from Fairbanks to Denali. Three hours. Very reasonable and manageable drive.
For some reason, we seemed to think it was going to be about six hours from Denali to Homer. We thought we'd stop in Anchorage ,which looks to be about half way between the two. Three hours driving. Stop for lunch. Three more hours and we're there.

Uh, no.
We left Denali at about seven in the morning and got into Homer at ten pm.

Fifteen hours.

Yikes. 

The guys were none too happy. M and I couldn't believe how wrong we were on timing. I still don't know how we came up with six hours.
These are all random shots from that day. I've got more to show but these seemed to be a good start. The drive from Denali to Homer, through Kenai, is absolutely gorgeous. Breathtaking.

One of the prettiest drives I have ever taken. I think we all said that.

I'll show you some photos tomorrow.
Smooth, round stones. These have been tumbled a lot.
Sunset.

We were very tired after our {super} {very} long day of driving.


Comments