Happy Birthday to Me!

Happy birthday to me!

I had a most wonderful day, spent with dear friends and family. A friend and I met for breakfast - she came to my house since I wanted a few more minutes of sleep in the morning and that saved me from having to drive somewhere. I stocked up on baked goods from a local store and we nibbled on those and some rather delicious coffee and almond flavored creamer for breakfast. 

I never buy flavored creamers so that was quite a treat for me.

We sat outside and chatted for a good part of the morning until her kiddos called her with a bunch of questions. Then she had to leave and tend to them. The joys of motherhood.

And I miss it.
After breakfast, I ran a few errands and met another friend for lunch. She and her hubby are leaving to head south in a couple weeks and we wanted to get together before she left. We shopped for a little while after lunch. She helped me find some white pumpkins for a table centerpiece. We bought some little gifts for various people and laughed the afternoon away until we had to part company.

I got home and found a big box of flowers waiting for me! Another dear friend had send me the most gorgeous bouquet of fall flowers, lots of purples and dark pinks with some sunflowers and mums. Very lovely. And very thoughtful. Honest to Pete, I have the bestest friends in the whole world.

There was another flower display on the counter from the Man. A pretty basket with a fall arrangement - a scarecrow and some orange flowers on a cute plant. He's going to have to take care of this plant. I hope he knows that.

J picked us up a short while later and we met K and B at a local Mexican restaurant for dinner. Little Man O was with us and he was a little peach. Smiling and sitting quietly in his carrier. He's such a good baby. After dinner we came back to the house and had cake and the kids gave me cards and promises of gifts to come.

I had a balloon that a friend had left on my desk yesterday (along with a moist chocolate cupcake with butter cream frosting from a local bakery and a nice card that had a gift card to the bakery). We played with Little Man O and the balloon for a while. He loved it - smiling and giggling and laughing and looking at his grandpa as if to say, "What's this thing?"

All in all, a very wonderful birthday indeed.
__________

Just a few photos of a fall cart that I put together last weekend. I love the blue pumpkins on the sign and in the cart.

Comments