Things Are Looking Up!

We had little man over this morning. His mama and daddy had to meet with a wedding photographer so the Man and I got to play all morning.

There is nothing I'd rather do than sit on the floor and play with this little guy.

His parents are waiting for him to crawl. He's so close.

I want to tell them not to rush it because after crawling comes climbing and after climbing comes walking and after walking comes RUNNING.

And then life as you know it is finished.
What a sweet smile for a little one with an ear infection and a cold.
Grandma's toy basket has lots of toys in it.

Toys that are now spread out on the floor.
Poor little mite. His eyes are a little puffy. His nose is runny. He sneezes.

And then he smiles. He loves to sneeze.
I could just snuggle him all day.
After his mama and daddy came back, little man went home with his daddy and K and I headed out to look at mother of the bride dresses.

I've been looking online at tons of them. I ordered a couple. Returned them. Went to a local bridal shop. Did not find what I wanted. Got discouraged. And went back online to find a bridal boutique where I could go and try on dresses in the size I was looking for.

I found a couple small shops close to each other but very far away and decided to take a chance (and a drive) and go visit. I called to make sure they had my size on hand and off we went late this morning. The drive was fairly easy. We were mostly on the freeway until the last ten minutes or so. K and I chatted as we drove, laughing at lots of things, discussing wedding plans, talking about little man. We love having adventures together and it's nice to catch up with her and hear what's been going on the past week. We pulled into the first shop with about an hour to spare before our appointment at the next shop.

We walked in and were greeted by very friendly saleswomen. The woman who actually helped me was fantastic. The first thing she did was fit me for undergarments and get me the right size to wear while trying on the dresses.

Oh my gosh.

I've never been professionally fitted for a bra before. What a huge difference it makes. I could not believe how perfect it fit. 

That saleswoman changed my life. And I told her that. She laughed at me and said I made her day. Well, she made mine. I love, love, love that bra.

After I settled down from the bra fitting, I started trying on dresses. There were so many. I was exhausted when I finished. I liked a couple of them and had her hold them for me. K and I had an appointment at another shop that we had to get to tout de suite.

The second shop was only ten minutes away. Whew. We called en route to let them know we were running a few minutes late. We walked in and were immediately shown where the mother of the bride dresses were in my size. We started pulling. And pulling. And pulling. They had so many dresses.

One of the owners came to help me and she was absolutely marvelous. Very professional and quickly guided me to the right style. I tried on the first dress and fell in love with it. K loved  it. The owner loved it. A woman milling around the store loved it. Another saleswoman loved it. The second owner loved it. It was love at first sight.

I tried on lots of dresses after that but we were always comparing them to that first dress. 

I bought it. We all loved it. And  I can't wait to wear it.
Things are looking up.
__________

After leaving the second shop, we went back to the first shop so I could buy that bra. I was not coming home without it.

We yelped a place to eat and enjoyed lunch in a local pub before heading home. 

Into the snow.

Yup, it took about fifteen minutes before we hit the storm and I was driving in snow the rest of the way home. For some reason, GPS took us home on back state roads and secondary roads - up and down hills, around bends, through lots of small towns. Snow was swirling all around and I was very thankful it was not sticking too badly to the roads. The ride seemed endless but K and I chatted some more and before we knew it, we were on familiar ground. 

I was very happy to pull into my driveway. We're hunkered down tonight and waiting until morning to see how much snow we get. 

Happy snowfall!

Comments