Weekend with Little Man

What a weekend. I'm exhausted but smiling just thinking about it.

Friday night, the Man and I ate dinner at a small eatery in town and had a fantastic meal. We saw some locals and visited with a friend that came over to say hello. I love living in a small town. There are friends wherever you go.
Saturday was full of fun. K and little man met us at home once we finished grocery shopping and the Man got to play with the little one for a bit while I made dessert for Saturday night. We were getting together with some friends for dinner and I offered to bring the sweet ending.

I made chocolate eclair dessert. It is a tried and true, crowd-pleasing recipe. Try it. You'll like it. Who remembers that advertising jingle?

Once I had that made, K and I took little man to a toy shop a few towns over. Grandma needs some toys at her house for little man so I recruited them to come and help me pick some out. Little man went home with a couple new toys too. And here lies the difference between being a grandma and grandpa and being mom and dad.

I told the Man K and I were going toy shopping with the little one. He gave me a look and said, "But it was just Christmas!"

"I know. But Grandma needs toys for our house and it's for little man," I answered.

"Okay," he said, without a grumble at all. "Have fun!"

And off we went. That little one has his grandpa wrapped around his finger.
K and I decided to stop for a bite to eat and little man got to order off the big kid menu for the first time. K read him all the choices and he got very excited when she got to meatball and pasta. He threw his hands up and yelped. His mama vetoed that option and went with chicken fingers and steamed veggies. Much cleaner and he loved it.

He loves all his food.
After lunch we headed to the toy shop - a wonderful little mom and pop shop with some really nice, quality toys. K and I had so much fun picking out toys for him and little man loved picking out a few for himself too. He picked a very colorful teether and some wooden balls that you manipulate and a cow can. He loved the cow can. He giggled a lot when I tipped it upside down.

It's the simple things sometimes.

I picked out a Brio starter pack with a battery operated engine. We had a lot fun setting that up when we got home. Grandpa loved it. And he loved the construction vehicle set I picked out too. Really I could have brought anything home and he would have thought it was wonderful for little man.

We played all afternoon until it was time to go to T and T's for dinner.

And then we played more. They got an air hockey game and we had a blast playing that all evening. I haven't laughed so hard in a long while. 

I think the sangria helped with that.
Ha. Little man wiggled his way under the TV console.

But he didn't know it.
Until he turned around and saw it looming over him.
Little man came home with us after church today. We watched him so his mama and daddy could go out with some of their friends.

Uncle J came over and the four of us played most of the afternoon. I made some chocolate chip cookies while the little guy was sleeping and he got to have one for a snack when he woke up. 

Something tells me that Little Man and I are going to be making lots of cookies in the future.
Those eyes are something.
What a wonderful weekend. I didn't want it to end. But all good things do and I'm tucking this one away to pull out when I need a smile.

Sigh.

Comments