A Lovely Way To Spend A Cold Day

We found a quiet brewery on the coldest day of the year. There were a few people out with us but the city streets were mostly empty. 

Who wants to be outside on a cold winter day?
We chatted with the barkeep for a little while. She was super sweet and poured me several samples since I couldn't decide what I wanted.

I tried a stout and a sour. I loved the stout but it was very heavy. So I settled on a sour that had pineapple in it. 

Something summery for a such a cold day.
We stopped at the brewery after a pretty tasty lunch at a local tavern. The tavern is known for their wings so we tried a couple kinds - buffalo and teriyaki. 

Let's just say we'll be back.
Right down the street from the tavern is a most delicious Italian bakery.

Somehow a small box of cookies, a piece of Italian fruit cake and a piece of carrot cake made it back home with us.

A lovely way to spend a cold day.
__________

Have I mentioned it was a cold day?
 

Comments