What a Week I've Had

I have not had a good week. It culminated in my going to the doctor today to have my leg looked at. I banged into an open wooden drawer at work a week ago and hit the soft part of my lower right leg but not the shin. 

Thank you, God. 

I hit the leg so hard I probably would have broken the shin. I made it downstairs to my boss to report it and by the time I got to her office, I had a large bump. 

The swelling went down quite a bit after the first day or two but a week later,  I still have a good sized egg on my leg. A friend saw it yesterday and said, "You better get that looked it. You could have a blood clot." So I watched it like a hawk yesterday and don't you know, I think it started to get a little more red and swollen. Oh brother. Like I needed to scare myself even more. 

So the Man brought me to the doctor this morning and they poked and prodded and pressed and finally x-rayed it. The good news is there's nothing wrong. But there is still a lot of fluid so I have to keep it elevated and with heat on it. No work for me.

Not how I thought I'd be spending the rest of this week. 

The Man and I went north to meet his sister and brother-in-law last weekend. I took a few pics as we drove along. 

Winter vignettes, winter colors.




 

Comments