Warm and Cold

Driving home tonight I saw so many houses that still had holiday lights lit - on shrubs, on trees, and stand alone figures. Large and small deer, Snoopy, Woodstock - they're still out there in all their lighted glory.

I don't hate it. It was kind of nice seeing all the people who wanted to keep the celebration going.

We keep the star on the side of the barn lit all year long. There's something about lights that are so welcoming. And warm. And cozy.

__________

The night is darkening round me, the wild winds coldly blow (Emily Brontë)

It's minus 1 degree and falling quickly. The winds are fierce outside. When I ran into the house I could hear the branches clack, clack, clacking against each other. A hard sound. A breaking sound. 

Cold and wind are not such good companions, I think.



 

Comments