Winter Sentinels


My daughter-in-love, A, got a new camera recently so we had to take it out for a test drive. We headed up to the hills and fell into a winter wonderland. The snow was gently falling, the woods were quiet, and we found winter vignettes at each stop we made.

Sentinels of winter. 

That's what I thought of when I saw the cattails.
It snowed the whole time we were out. We finished shooting and made our way to an antiques consignment shop that A and J had stopped at a few months ago. They were very excited about all the good things they found and so I was eager to check it out.

We found more good things.

There were two milk bottles from the town we all live in so I bought one for A and one for my daughter, K.

And a giant black wrought iron star for me. It's sitting as the centerpiece of my dining room table with a wreath of pine boughs and pine cones and a candle in the middle of it. I loved it when I saw it and knew it had to come home with me.

We went to lunch at a sweet little deli shop nearby and made a final stop at a local creamery for homemade skyr and ice cream. 

A fun adventure with A.





 

Comments