Cape Breton

Mussel shells everywhere on Prince Edward Island. 

I know. The title of this post is "Cape Breton". I just had one more photo from PEI. You know, mussels. I love, love, love mussels and could eat them every day. Especially if they're cooked in a roasted garlic cream sauce.
Not a car in sight while driving the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island.
The North Atlantic Ocean was very dramatic - large waves, wild surf, many warnings about rip tides. The rocks on the coastline get tossed about by those wild waves. They're very smooth from all the tumbling.
We stayed at an inn with a pub attached. Nice place. Good food. 

Only place open in town. Cape Breton was buttoned up tight for the winter.

Gorgeous sunsets every night.

__________

We enjoyed our time in Cape Breton. We met several nice people. The Man talked to one young fellow who invited us to come back to Cape Breton and look him up. He knew we were from the States so I asked him if he had ever been and he said, "No, why would I leave all this beauty?"

I can't say he's wrong. 

Comments