How to keep busy on a winter day

Heading home a few nights ago, we went past this church. I love taking pictures of churches, and steeples, and windows, and tree branches, and snow, and.....

Okay, I love taking pictures of just about anything. 

But I especially love taking pictures of churches.

I didn't even notice the lights on until I was editing my photos that night.

What a pleasant surprise. 

And what a cozy little church.
My new best friend. 


Mod Podge.


Bet you thought I was going to say the wine.


Nope, it's the Mod Podge. This stuff is invaluable for sealing pages in my altered book. Glossy, matte......whatever you like, it seals the page and looks so professional.


Plus, I was artistically frustrated and had altered book artist's block (you know, like writer's block, only for altered book artists) so I picked up my camera and started posing the craft supplies.
So M's making a page called "Sassy and Sweet" and we were brainstorming and free writing ideas about this page and came up with a set of lips.

Only we didn't have any stickers or magazine pictures of luscious, red, lipstick covered lips. 

Those would be the sassy part. Just ask her husband, the Hammer.

We came up with the bright idea of M making her own lipstick lips.
I think they came out pretty good.

Plus it was SO.MUCH.FUN. watching her kiss that paper.

And then we got her son, J, involved. We thought he might have a good lip print. Let's just say, I can't post those photos. He has friends, you know, and a reputation to uphold.

Maybe we shouldn't drink the wine while creating our pages. I'll just use it as a prop.
Sissy and her girlies made these oh-so-pretty yarn balls. 

I.heart.them.

Comments

  1. That photo of the church is soooo cooooool.
    It has a watercolor quality to it, doesn't it?
    How did you get the trees to be like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trees are blurred from motion...I took the photo as we were going by a few nights ago. I love taking pics while the Man is driving, but I never know what I'm going to get! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 Mod Podge, but do not know what an altered book is...google, here I come

    I love the church photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice, altered books are very fun to work on and are pieces of art all by themselves! Once you get over the whole dismantling-a-book thing... it feels funny at first, especially for a bibliophile. =]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment