Up On The Roof

It's a toss up which I like least - water leaking into the house or the Man and J up on the roof, clearing the huge amounts of snow and ice that have accumulated up there.

I expressed my opinion several times, mostly along the lines of "If you fall off the roof and break anything, you'll be sorry, buddy."

He just gives me a look. But that doesn't stop me.

Nope.

I've got a few more opinions, like why don't we hire someone to clear it? or let it melt?

Hire someone? When they can do it themselves? 

Let it melt? And fret about it for weeks?

I think they just want to climb up on the roof and see what it's like up there. If they start disappearing for any amount of time, I'm checking the roof. I have a feeling this could become a man retreat.
I'm totally loving the dusky photos I've been taking lately, especially when porch lights show up. I think I'll do a whole series on these photos.

This one reminds me of Auntie Em's house. All it needs is a tornado swooping in from the side.

Er, maybe not. Bad idea.
A warmer, rainy night. I think we just had our January February thaw.

May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you and all your heart might desire. ~Irish blessing

~~~~~~

Forgotten English word : jackleg (from late 1800s-early 1900s) 

An incompetent or unskilled or unprincipled person; frequently used of lawyers and preachers.

Eeeks, I wonder what lawyers and preachers were like when that term was being used! 

(I wouldn't use it to describe the lawyers I know now, or the preachers - they are all very competent people. Whew.)

Comments

  1. I feel your pain!!! My brother has been on our roof so many times - yesterday, banging up there so loud the house was shaking. But he managed to break up the ice; we'd had water dripping in the basement right over the washer. I'm grateful that our house is a ranch, though - a taller home would be a scary proposition.

    The last photo is pretty, but what is it?

    Don't mention tornadoes at all. But the picture *does* look like Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vance was up on our roof and then went to do his mom's roof. The day ended with a bang, though. As he was finished and coming down the ladder for the last time, the ladder slid out from the bottom and he fell onto the driveway. Fell on his hip and hit his head. He's ok, but he was watching the Superbowl with ice packs on his hip and head - and his head was oozing with blood. I thank God that's all it was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gayle - I'm glad Vance is okay but he's going to be sore today, I bet. Let's hope we don't get any more large amounts of snow so these guys can stay on the ground =]

    Lisa - some headlights from an approaching car as we were driving home. the yellowish one is a stoplight. the other things are raindrops on the windshield. can you see it now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. I don't know if I could handle having my boys on our roof!! I don't know how you actually watched AND took pictures! We are in the *let it melt* camp. So far, no issues. Lots of melting yesterday...I can even see my gas grill today :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment