Random Thoughts

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."  ~ Dr. Seuss

I've just been re-introduced to Dr. Seuss after an absence of many years. By a three year old patron, of all people. 

This little guy is one of my favorite visitors to the library. He's precocious, and  adorable, and loves to chat with the library staff. He comes around the back of the desk to see what we're doing and I think he's going to take my job one day soon.

He saw "The Cat in the Hat" on a book cart last week and got very excited. So excited that it made me want to re-visit Dr. Seuss. So I did.

And found lots of good stuff. And random stuff. Very random stuff.
"If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too." ~ Dr. Seuss

Change. I know people who do not like change, not one little bit. This might be for them, I think.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not." ~ Dr. Seuss (The Lorax)

I think about my nephew who went to work in Ethiopia for a year. He taught in one of the schools there and I know he touched the lives of every child he worked with. Selfless and caring, that's my nephew.

You can keep your celebrities and sports heroes and rock stars. My nephew is a hero in my book.
"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is Youer than You." ~ Dr. Seuss


Be yourself. You're the best you there is.
"I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone." ~ Dr. Seuss

Anyone who has been a parent knows how fast the time goes by. I talk to my dad and he says, "Boy, the years keep going faster and faster." And they do.

If you have wee little babes at home, pick them up and snuggle them and cuddle them and kiss them all over. Because the days go by too fast. And if your children aren't quite so little anymore, hug them and tell them you love them. Even if they grimace and roll their eyes. Because the days go by too fast.

And things change.

~~~~~~~~~~

You got to see a bit of yesterday from these pictures. We took a drive north to go visit P, away at college. J was missing her and wanting to see her so off we went. He tried to make it a surprise visit but he has a poker face and can't keep a secret. She had it out of him very easily.

She's a smart one, she is.

We pass that yellow barn several times a week since it's just up the road from us. I snapped that photo as were were driving by, on our way north.

And then I got a little bit obsessed with the little white church with the green shutters. It looks so cozy and so very small town. I love it. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Last random thing of the day is for Valentine's Day. I found this very cute graphic over at "kiss the groom" and tried it out on the Man. He loved my kissing tree.

Click on the tree and you can go make your very own customized kissing tree. I see LOTS of possibilities for this graphic, like engagement cards or wedding cards. Hmmm.....

Comments

  1. That photo of the lovely black and white shutters on the church! I am in love :)
    I do like the idea of the kissing tree for a wedding card. Wonderful possibilities are also swirling thru my head :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment