Stopping and Shopping

T and I hit the outlet malls yesterday. We've been looking forward to this for weeks. Of course, since I had nothing I was really shopping for I was convinced I would find all sorts of things.

Alas, no.

While four pairs of shoes were purchased, only one was mine. And even though I have a much larger fascination with handbags, T purchased the only one that made it's way home with us.

The Man was very happy that I did not have a successful shopping day. He sent me a text partway through the day reminding me that we need a new mattress. In other words, stop your shopping.

Fiddle-dee-dee, I shut my phone off.

~~~~~~~~~~

Surprisingly, it wasn't busy. With only two days before most schools start classes, we were sure there would be crowds of people jamming in some last minute back to school shopping.

We were wrong. Happily wrong.

We meandered our way through two outlet malls, stopping in here and there. Watching the few moms that were out with their children fuss and dither over clothing choices, shoe choices, and requests for snacks.  Remembering the days when we used to have to take our own children back to school shopping. And oh-so-glad we don't have to do that anymore. 

Sort of.

~~~~~~~~~~

We stopped for lunch at a locally popular seafood joint. Not much to look at but they had fresh seafood, and LOTS of it. We ate and talked and laughed. And ate some more. We both finished our plates with not a speck left over.  And then we planned our next trip.

Can't wait, T.

Comments