Summer Snippets

Did you ever notice that flowers seem to get darker the later they bloom in the season? It seems like all the pretty pinks and purples show up in spring and early summer.


And all the deep purples, golds, and oranges are found deep into summer, starting in August.


This isn't anything scientific I'm reporting, just a personal observation.


~~~~~~~~~~


I don't really like it when the dark colors start to appear. That means you-know-what is coming.


That "W" word - winter.


Blech.
I kept getting closer and closer. Still trying to find the sweet spot on the 105mm.

As I was doing this, I noticed every flower center had a tiny bug or two crawling around on it.
I think they're aphids.


I googled "tiny bugs that crawl around on the black eyed susan" and that's what it came up with - aphids. They don't sound good. The make some sort of secretion that is called honeydew (a misnomer if ever I heard one), which encourages growth of black sooty mold. That definitely doesn't sound good.


Maybe that's why the Man has been sneezing continually for the past couple weeks.
Nan came for dinner tonight.


My dad came too.


We bought more lobsters. Because they are {very} cheap right now.


It's hard to believe they were once known as the poor man's food.


~~~~~~~~~~


Interesting factoid : it takes five to seven years for a lobster to reach the one pound mark.
Go Team USA!

Comments