Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cold Simplicity



The year of simplicity continues this weekend. I'm being cold and ruthless. But only with the Man's stuff. I'm much more soft and lenient with my stuff.

Seriously, I can't stand the clutter anymore.

Box after box is being opened and looked at with a stink eye. If I haven't used it in the last year, it's going out.

Except for my Winnie-the-Poohs. I can't throw those out. I've had them about forty years, for Pete's sake. I got them before I was born. Ha.

I tossed out so much stuff last week. Stuff I may feel bad about later. 

But right now? It feels liberating.
My cup of hot cocoa tonight.

It was perfect for a cold night, along with my snuggly red blanket and a pile of knitting in my lap. I finished up an Irish fisherman's watchcap for J. He's been a wee bit upset with me for not knitting him anything.

I tried once.

But that hat was too small. The ear flaps were coming out of the top of his head. Ridiculous pattern for a  pinhead.

So I finally made him a hat that fits. 

He's a happy guy, especially since he's going ice fishing with a buddy tomorrow and it will be cold. He better not drop it in an ice hole.



2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes. I'm in a how-do-I-attach-this to the wall stage lately. And throwing things out and donating things always makes me happy. I have six boxes of things packed up for the local women's shelter right now too. The less clutter--of any kind--in one's life, the better. Yes, yes, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing the same - got rid of lots of books already.

    ReplyDelete