So Nice to See You Again

Well, hello there. So nice to see you again, little blog.

I would like to say I've been away on a fabulous, tropical vacation in the Bahamas. Or Hawaii.

But nope. I have just been flat on my back with a horrible cold. Or the flu.

I do not think I have ever shivered so much in my life. Five blankets was not enough to keep me warm. And that was with the heat turned up to the mid-70s. 

The Man could not believe I was so cold.

But I am feeling much better now, thank you. And wanting to pick up my camera again.
This little guy is oh-so-very old.

I made him about fifteen years ago after we cleaned out the Man's great-aunt's farmhouse. I found an old quilt in one of the upstairs rooms made from scraps. It was full of holes from mice. The batting was just about gone and lots of it had to be discarded. The house had been in the Man's family for over two hundred years so we were not exactly sure how old the quilt was. But we could tell it was older from the fabric.

I was able to salvage enough of it to make two small snowmen, one for me and one for Mom. I used some old buttons I found for the eyes and body. I forget what I used for the mouth but it has since worn off and now there is only a little bit of glue left in its place. I like it. 

A tiny little half smile.
I forgot to wear shoes without holes today.

And it snowed.

Not my brightest move.

Comments