Pretty Simple


Simple. Pretty.

Going along with my theme of "simplicity" this new year, I think I might do a study in simple images. 

Everyday items. Beautiful in their own environment.
An old friend called me last night to ask me to photograph her son's art portfolio.

He is applying to several art schools and they want his portfolio in digital format. How crazy is that? I never heard such a thing. How do they know it's really his stuff?

One of the schools wants to see his artwork in person. I think they are the smart school.

Art has to be seen up close. You need to see the stroke lines and globs of paint. The catchlights in the eyes. The shadows. And the color. You need to see the color.

Either way, I am very excited to do this, especially for the son of an old friend.
Evergreens and red berries.

Simple. Pretty.

Comments