Being Brave

We've had some turmoil at church the past few months. Our leadership seemed to be changing and it was proving to be very unsettling for us. I thought I was okay with change, but it seems I am not...when it comes to matters of worship.
I have no problem speaking my mind. Except in this matter. It's hard to tell someone you like that you don't like them doing the job they're doing. Does that make sense?
But we had to speak our minds. I saw a bumper sticker once that said, "Speak your mind even though your voice shakes." I love that. I'm not always brave. But I always try and do the right thing. Especially when I'm not feeling very brave. Especially when I just want someone else to do the hard thing.
So we spoke our minds, in truth, with love. And you know what? It worked out just fine. I have to trust God. He always has a plan.

Comments