That.Purple.Sweater.

Do you see that? That loop sticking out of the purple sweater? That, for all my non-knitting friends, is a dropped stitch. This sweater is going to kill me.

As you may remember, I've had some difficulty with this purple beast since I started the front cabled piece. You can read about the bad wandering cable here. I'm beginning to really hate this thing. I haven't picked it up in two weeks - I started an afghan that I absolutely am in love with. The afghan loves me. It keeps me warm when I'm knitting it. It doesn't make stitches all by itself, and it certainly doesn't let them jump off my needles and get left behind, only to become dropped stitches. No, this is a good afghan, a well behaved afghan. And that means I'd rather spend time with the afghan than with that stupid old purple sweater.

But this thing, this horrid purple thing, is so close to being done that I can't let it go. I have to finish it. Even if it kills me. And it might. When I last put it down, it measured 25" from top to bottom. It needs to be 26.5". I was so close, I could taste it. When I measured it this morning, it was 24.5" long. How could it lose 1/2"? What?

It hates me.

Comments