Academy Awards Thoughts

Another thrift store find.

It is now part of my Valentine decor for two reasons.

It's pink.

It's Paris.

~~~~~~~~~~

Some thoughts on the Academy Awards. Which I normally don't get to watch since the Man hates these kinds of shows. I have to admit, they are not my favorite. But I wanted to see some of the musical performances after M texted me to ask if I saw the Les Miserables cast perform.

Rats. I missed them. 

Hmm. Off to YouTube to see if it's there. 

Yup. Nestle in to my chair and hit play. Thanks, M.

First thought: I wonder how much money was spent on clothing for this one night. And how many people that money could feed.

Second thought: It seems so bizarre to me to award people in such a public fashion for doing their job. If anyone should get a prime time awards show, it should be firemen, or police officers, or teachers, or librarians. But not movie stars. Their egos are probably fairly healthy as they are.

Third thought: Watching some of the movie clips makes me feel naive. I don't get all their clever little jokes, or the super hip cultural references.

Fourth thought: Do they give awards for all the lesser known people behind the scenes, like "Best Supporting Set Cleaner Upper" or "Best Food Caterer on the Set" or "Best Porta-Potty Supplier"?

Final thought: Barbra Streisand can still sing. Good for her.










Comments