Meatballs and Laughs




My dear friend M and I had dinner together tonight. It's been a long time since our last girls night out but it was worth the wait.

We ate some delicious Italian food in a neighboring town, tried some fancy-schmancy cocktails, and talked and laughed for four hours. It's nice to have someone to commiserate with on this journey through middle-age. Parents, kids, jobs, husbands - we are facing the same changes and trying to find the humor in all of it.

M is one of my nearest and dearest and I can't imagine life without her.

~~~~~~~~~~

She suggested an absolutely delightful new dish to try. We ordered a wedge salad with blue cheese dressing and a side of meatballs with sauce and cheese.

We cut up the salad into bite size pieces, put a little dressing on it,  and then sliced a meatball on top of the salad. We spooned sauce and cheese over all of it and dug in. 

YUM!

*Found this photo on my iPhone - clearing off the old ones, making way for the new.


Comments