Itsy Bitsy Spider, My Foot

Rain, rain, go away.

I guess we need some rain. But I think we need some more sunshine.

We've just had a stretch of fantastic weather - unseasonably warm, sunny, blue skies, break-out-the-shorts weather. We knew it couldn't last. It's still early April, for Pete's sake.

But we have some flowers blooming and even though it's raining, I still want to snap pictures.
My mother-in-law is a plant whisperer. Have I mentioned that before? The woman just walks past an area in the yard and flowers arise and bloom.

She walks around saying things like, "Did you plant any tulips under the big maple tree out front?" and "Where did that rose bush come from?"

You would think after knowing me for over twenty years she'd know I can't grow mold. But she's so sweet, she gives me the benefit of the doubt and always asks if I planted these mysteriously appearing flowers.
My sister-in-law gave her a bag of tulip bulbs last fall and they are coming up in large numbers.

I love them.

Mom was afraid they weren't going to come up. She thought she didn't plant them deep enough. I said, "But, Mom, you touched the bulbs, right? Trust me, they'll come up."

And they did.
You know what also comes out in the spring?

Bugs.

I use this broom to sweep them off my porch. I may need it to sweep out my book bag.

Last night, while reading in bed, I saw something dark moving quickly along the wall.

Rats. It's on my side of the bed.

That means I have to do something about it or I'll never get to sleep. Since I didn't have my glasses on, I couldn't really see what it was but I didn't need to.

I knew it was a spider.

I don't like hate spiders. They creep me out. Too many legs. And they move FAST.

So I jumped out of bed, giving that mean, jumping, I'm-gonna-eat-you-up spider a wide berth and grabbed one of my slippers. I smooshed it.

It fell in my book bag.

Now I have to get the Man to clean out my book bag because there is NO way I'm touching that bag. I'll tell him tomorrow.

Maybe he'll want the broom. He doesn't like spiders either.

Comments