A Man and His Boots

The Man's boots. Work boots. The Man is serious about his footwear.

These make me fall in love with him all over again. Crazy, huh?

But when I see him take such loving care of his "tools," as he calls them, I'm so thankful that he's a taking care of things kind of guy.

This man is not going to throw something away just because it's a little banged up, a little worn.

Nope, he fixes it and makes it better.
I'm a little banged up, a little worn around the edges. He smooths my rough and worn edges and makes me a better person.

He's a keeper.

I'm keeping him.
While the Man was greasing his boots, K. was pestering him. She knew he couldn't retaliate since he had grease all over his fingers.

He got his own, though. She stomped off, several times, over some imagined slight. But she kept coming back to tease him more. She loves her dad.

I coaxed her into modeling for me a little bit while she was poking at him. 100 shots and these are the best of them.

SOOC. I really have to learn Photoshop better so I can fix these pics.
She doesn't always get what I'm trying to do with a pic. The conversation usually goes something like this:

"K., stand in the open doorway and lean your head against the door."

"What door?"

"The yellow door."

"There's no yellow door."

"Yes, there is. Now lean your head on it and smile."

"You mean the wooden door?"

"THE YELLOW DOOR!" She opens it wide to show me that the inside of the door is unpainted wood.

I'm going to lose it.
And before I forget, the Knitwits finished the quilted tote bags on Sunday afternoon.

It was a lot of work. We ate a lot of food. We laughed a lot. Especially when PW tripped the Queen with her power cord and the Queen almost took a header into the wall.

And we laughed when PKB kept exclaiming, "I cahn't believe I made this!" with that funny accent she has.
S. couldn't believe it either.

She has done this project with a group of her friends that quilts and it took them three days to complete the bag. We did it in one and a half days. Go, us!

She had to call one of her quilting friends in Pennsylvania and leave a message, "Hey, it's 4:30 p.m. on Sunday afternoon. Just wanted to let you know the Knitwits are finished with their bags and walking out of here with them . We drink too much."

Click.

She hung up. She looked at us, we looked at her and the giggling began.
Aren't they gorgeous?
Some of us prefer to knit. That's okay. We're not craft snobs. We believe in mixed crafts.

Comments