Bourbon Ball Bonanza

I did a little Christmas photoshoot with K and her family today. 

I can't show you any of the good ones until she picks for the family Christmas card. But this little cutie pie photo was too sweet to keep to myself.

I love his sweet little smile.
__________

After the photoshoot, K and little man came over so we could make Christmas cookies. We had a delightful afternoon in the kitchen, mixing and baking and tasting. 

K was in charge of the bourbon balls. She really likes those and they were my mom's recipe so I am happy to have her make them. My mom got the recipe when we lived in the South and made them every year for Christmas so they are part of my childhood memories.

One of the ingredients in the recipe is vanilla wafer crumbs. I bought two boxes of vanilla wafers to make sure we had plenty of crumbs. K processed the cookies and proceeded to make the candies. I wasn't really paying attention to what she was doing, especially since she's made them before. 

A short while later I was making another of my mom's recipes that call for vanilla wafer crumbs. I grabbed the box on the counter and it felt a little light so I picked up the second box. I opened the first box and saw there was half a bag left. I asked K how many cups of crumbs she got from half a box. 

"Two and half cups, " she said. "Really?" I asked. That didn't seem right but I put the rest of the bag in the food processor and started crumbing them.

I measured out the crumbs. One cup. I called over to K.

"Hey, I only got one cup out of half a bag," I said. 

"Really?" she asked. "I got two and a half!" Then she looked over and saw me measuring the crumbs.  "Oh, you measure after you process them? I measured out two and a half cups before I crumbed them!"

Oh no. 

When we finished laughing, we got out the bourbon balls and tasted them.

These are definitely 21 and over, folks. The recipe calls for two and half cups of cookie crumbs and she used one cup. Yikes, are they strong. 

We're eating them anyway =)

Comments

Post a Comment