Christmas Eve

I popped over to K's on Christmas Eve for lunch. I brought Chinese since it's a tradition in our family.  The Man and I started it before we were married and we kept doing it once we got married and the kids came. It's gotten harder the past few years with different work and vacation schedules. We don't always get to be together for lunch on that day but if anyone is around and available, we gather together.

This year was me and K and little man O.
__________

Of course Grandma had to bring him one present to open. Christmas Day seemed so far away at that point.

Ha.

I love the look of determination on his face as he opens his package.
Playing with Grandma. I was keeping little man occupied while his mama wrapped Christmas presents. We were putting shapes into the bowl and then taking them out. Over and over. This is a great game and one that can be played for hours, or as long as their attention span lasts. 
Looking for shapes.
__________

I stayed for a couple hours, playing with little man and chatting with K, until I had to head home to get ready for Christmas Eve. The Man and I were going to candlelight service at church and then off to Sissy's house for the evening. K and B and little man were going over to B's mom's house for the night. It's the first year K hasn't been with us in her life.

Felt very strange not to have her with us. And a little sad. 

But that's life. 

Things change and you have to change with them or be stuck in your sadness.
I found a chef's jacket for E. She loved it. She put it on immediately and kept it on the whole night. I'm so glad she liked it. 
Holding some cookies she made for Christmas Eve. This was taken right before I told her to tilt the platter a bit so I could see more of the cookies.

You can guess what happened next.

Cookies slid off the tilted tray and crashed to the floor. I totally missed E's face on film because I was laughing so hard.

Pretty and delicious. 

E is a wonderful baker.
Love this photo.

And this moment.

Comments