Writing Our Story


I'm making a list and checking it twice.

Guess what K and I are doing this weekend?
"Traditions are the stories that families write together." 

I heard this quote on the Hallmark Channel while watching a movie, "Reunited at Christmas". As I look at these lists I see recipes with so many memories - helping my mom make her butter cookies when I was a young girl, listening to the Man talk about eating his mom's crescent cookies when he was a young boy, watching my mom make the snowballs for my dad because he loved them so much, the first time I had a hermit that one of my dear friends made for our knitting group. I remember sneaking into the tin that held the rum balls (or bourbon balls, as my mom sometimes called them) with my friends when we had a Christmas party at our house. 

I love all these cookies that our family makes. I love the stories that go along with them. And I love that we keep adding to the list and writing our story. 

Comments