Kindness Matters

We've had a bit of the white stuff this season, long before we're used to getting it. 

It makes the Christmas lights look oh-so-pretty though.
Finished the two Christmas stockings I had to make this year. B wanted a lime green one and K wanted more traditional colors for little man O. I added the orange pompoms on to B's since that's one of his favorite colors.

Little man O's stocking is bigger than he is. I took a photo with him lying next to it and then with him in it! 

So stinking cute.
Having a snack while Grandpa entertains him. This boy loves to laugh.
__________

The Friends of the Library was selling platters of Christmas cookies today. I bought several platters and ran around after work delivering them. 

I brought one to my neighbors who were kind enough to snow blow our driveway last week. I dropped a tray off at K's house for her and B to nibble on and then brought one over to J's for him to enjoy. They were all so happily surprised! I love being the Christmas cookie fairy. 

A co-worker and I brought a tray to an elderly couple that used to volunteer at the library and were wonderful patrons for many years. They're having some health issues now and can't get around much anymore. We stopped in for a holiday visit and brought them the tray of cookies and a box of chocolates. We had a lovely chat with them, talking about all sorts of things. They shared stories with us about how they picked their wedding date (she picked opening day of fishing season and one of his buddies told her to change it to the next weekend) and they talked about the hurricane of 1938, how high the flood waters came into our small town, and how much of the town was submerged. We also discovered they're going to celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary next year. As we were leaving, she gave us a loaf of Christmas stollen to take back to the library. She's been making this bread forever. It's quite delicious and we were happy to have it.

After I got home from work, the Man and I went into the big city to visit a dear friend who fell a week ago and broke her neck and her ankle. We had a great chat with her and I'm so glad we got to stop in to see her. She talked about her daughter and her grandsons. You could see the love in her eyes and in the smile she wore when she spoke about them. I loved sitting and listening to her talk about her family. 

These things matter. Kindness matters. People matter.

I think that may be my resolution for next year. Do more things that matter and do less things that don't.

Comments