Crazy Friday

Crazy day today. I couldn't resist that morning sun pouring onto the back porch. I hauled K.'s birthday roses outside and snapped away. You'd never know I was on my way to work. I kept snapping away, paying no attention to time at all.

Ack. Now I'm late.

Well, not really. I just like to make myself think I'm going to be late so I get my little bottom moving. Off to work, missy.

Exciting day at the library. We registered to go to Book Expo America in NYC at the end of May. This is huge. I can't wait to go. After talking to several young adult librarians around the state, I'm very excited to be heading off to the PREMIER publishing event in North America.

Think school book fair, only on a MUCH grander scale. Kind of like comparing a school lunch to lunch at the Four Seasons.

There's going to be over 500 authors at BEA, people! And books, lots and lots of books.
When I got home, my nieces had arrived. They're spending the weekend with us while sissy and BIL are at the funeral for his aunt.

We had to eat very quickly since K. was performing in the talent show at the high school tonight.

She and A. were performing "The Show" by Lenka.

Wow. What a great job they did. I can't believe I have a daughter who can sing. I can't hold a tune to save my life. I'm not sure I can even hear a tune properly. This is amazing to me that K. is willing to stand up, er sit down, in front of people and just start singing. Amazing.

A. is a fabulous pianist. And saxophonist. Very talented young lady and she makes it look so easy.

Ha. It's not. I know. I dropped out of flute after four weeks because playing an instrument takes a lot of hard work. And at ten years old, I didn't want to work hard. I wanted to watch cartoons.
After the show, we came home and made banana splits. Is it wrong to feed them banana splits at 9:30 p.m. ?

Shhhhhh.

Don't tell sissy. What happens at auntie's, stays at auntie's. Wink. Wink.

Comments

  1. I wish I could have heard her perform! "The Show" is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted it on facebook. Look under my links.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment