Momma's Day

Every day should be Mother's Day, don't you think?

J made me breakfast and gave me a hanging plant. I promptly removed the hanging part and set it on my newly painted periwinkle child's chair. Looks just lovely.

K made me a card with happy daisies marching all along the bottom. It had a gift certificate for a spa visit in it for her and I to get pedicures this summer. I can't wait.

And she gifted me with a drawing of my choice. 

You know what I chose?

A picture of Jack, our dog. 

She drew a fantastic portrait of Jack's sister, Maggie, after Maggie passed away a couple years ago. K gave it to Sissy and her husband for Christmas that year. They cried. She cried. I cried. 

We were all a mess. It was a great gift.

So I knew just what I wanted her to draw for me.

Jack.
Johnny Jump Ups growing along the barn's foundation.

Their sweet little faces greet me each morning as I walk out to the car.
Mother's Day for us means flowers. Lots and lots of flowers.

The Man and I give them to Mom, J and K give them to me.

Everyone's happy.

As long as I don't touch them.

K and I were at the garden shop, picking out some perennials for Mom and I. I picked out a pot of some sort of phlox and picked it up to take it.

K took it out of my hands and said very gently, "Let's pick out another one."

"Why?" I asked. "This one looks perfectly good."

"It's fine," said K. "But you touched it. We need to get another one and I'll carry it."

Geesh. I think the Man's influenced her way of thinking about me and my plant killing ways.
I love K's serene look.

And the graininess of this picture.

It was getting darker when we were shooting these and I had to kick up the ISO.
More dark.

More grain.

More love.

Comments

  1. Aren't Johnny Jump Ups the best!?
    Awesome photos of the three of you.
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the parasol pictures! Is K. so much taller than the rest of you, or is she standing on a stool???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the collage shots of you and the kids...so nice to see mama in the photo! Sounds like a PERFECT mother's day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lisa - she's about my height, no stool
    @Annie - it's hard to get in the picture. i like being behind the camera much better ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl~ Your blog is beautiful...you're taking some beautiful pictures these days! Wow....what a new camera can produce too! Kate looks so lovely for her prom. What a proud Mom you must be two wonderful and great kids!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment